School of Tourism and Maritime Technology, ESTM – IPL
Director – Prof. Teresa Margarida Lopes da Silva Mouga
The School of Tourism and Maritime Technology of the Polytechnic Institute of Leiria, ESTM - IPL is located in Peniche, Portugal, facing the Atlantic Ocean, one hour by car from Lisbon to the North. ESTM - IPL is a privileged place to study, with fine people, Berlengas' natural marine reserve as landscape, sandy beaches and many diving and surf spots in the vicinity.
The School of Tourism and Maritime Technology is a public school of higher education that promotes knowledge, creates, transmits and disseminates culture, science, technology, guided research and experimental development. Furthermore, ESTM has a strong connection to the community that surrounds it and the quality patterns that lead it also intend to provide a suitable answer to the needs of the region. The Polytechnic Institute of Leiria (IPL) is located in the Leiria district and integrates 11,500 students and 885 teachers. ESTM is one of the schools of IPL, it has 130 teachers and 1300 students distributed among the following degrees:
3 years, 6 semesters, 180 ECTS, first degree:
- Tourism and Recreation, day classes, curricular plan here;
- Marine Biology and Biotechnology, day classes, curricular plan here;
- Food Engineering, day classes, curricular plan here;
- Leisure Management and Business Tourism, day classes, curricular plan here;
- Tourism and Hotel Management, day and evening classes, curricular plan here;
- Marketing for Tourism, day, evening and e-learning classes, curricular plan here;
- Restaurant Industry and Catering, day classes, curricular plan here;
- Tourism, day classes, curricular plan here.
2 years, 4 semesters, 120 ECTS, second cycle (MSc):
Two of the IPL research groups are also located at ESTM, the GIRM (Marine Resources Research Group) and GITUR (Tourism Research Group).
These research groups together with ESTM periodically organize the IMMR (International Meeting on Marine Resources) and the International Tourism Congress of Leiria and Oeste.
ESCOLA SUPERIOR DE TURISMO E TECNOLOGIA DO MAR (PENICHE)
ESTM-IPL, Campus 4, Santuário Nossa Senhora dos Remédios
2520 - 641 Peniche – Portugal